NEORESID assists you in your efforts to benefit from housing subsidies.

The APL and the ALS

All our student residences are eligible for l’Aide Personnalisée au Logement (APL) or to l’Allocation de Logement à caractère Social (ALS). The amount depends on the study precise study of each file par The Caisse d'Allocations Familiales, the only authority competent authority in this matter. Depending on the residence in which you live, the CAF will pay either the APL or the ALS.

The amount of this assistance may vary depending on your income, the amount of your rent, the number of roommates in the apartment,... and to to receive this help, it is imperative that :

  • The rental agreement is in your name.
  • If you are under 20 years old and your parents are still receiving family you will not be able to cumulate the two aids, you will have to make a choice.

How to prepare the CAF file?

Our teams on residences will guide you in all these steps.

Some documents will be required, you can already prepare them :

  • A copy of your valid identity card or residence permit
  • Proof of your student status
  • The previous year's income tax return or the certificate of non tax certificate or, failing that, a certificate on the honor certifying that no income was not received last year.
  • A bank account number (Relevé d'Identité Bancaire)
  • Le numéro d’allocataire ainsi que le certificat de non-paiement de la caisse de votre résidence d’origine (si vous avez déjà perçu des prestations par une CAF).

What are the differences between APL and ALS?

Within the framework of an agreement signed between the lessor and the State, you can benefit from the APL.

In this case, the landlord becomes a third party payer, the housing allowance is paid directly to him: you only have to pay the balance.

If you do not have this agreement, you will receive the ALS and it will be paid directly to you. paid to you: you must then pay the rent in full.

Good to know :

  • The first month's rent is only eligible for housing benefit in the following case: you were previously receiving housing assistance and there was there has been no interruption of the rental contract (e.g.: you leave an accommodation on July 31, you take another one on August 1st).
  • Your parents can continue to support you for the calculation of their taxes, this in no way prohibits the allocation of housing assistance.
  • The income taken into account for the calculation of the amount of aid is that of the student and not those of the parents.

To simulate your housing assistance or to obtain more information, go to the website of the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales :

Follow us